Thursday, October 24, 2013

Mark de Clive Lowe: Church

Expat Kiwi Mark de Clive Lowe (now based on LA after a decade in London) is working on fundraising for his next recording, via Kickstarter. He's already raised a quarter of the funds he needs, check out more about it below, sounds like a very cool project...



Mark says : "For the past three years I've had a live music event resident in LA and NYC that we named CHURCH. It's equal parts jazz club, live remix experiment and dance party - part acoustic, part electronic; part planned, part improvised.

"Each month I'd bring in special guests to collaborate with me and meld creative minds. From my favorite musicians, to my favorite singers and MCs, to my favorite DJs, I've been fortunate to have so many of them be part of the vibe. There's been amazing shows outside the US as well - Germany, Holland, Portugal and Australia have all hosted the event at different festivals and venues.

"Playing with the likes of Eric Harland, James Genus, Nate Smith, Mark Kelley, Chris Daddy Dave, Casey Benjamin, Jean Grae, Questlove, Nia Andrews, Gaslamp Killer, Jose James and others has been an amazing experience and tells me that this album is going to be something very special for sure. Every time we throw the event, people 'get' why it's called CHURCH. It's not about a religious angle - it's about uplifting the spirit and the human condition through the power of music.

"I've been wanting to capture the essence of the live shows and share that as an album with the world. Now it's that time! The album is going to feature some very special collaborators from NYC and LA and I'm writing and arranging a whole stack of new music for the record. There'll be a mix of instrumental songs and vocal guests. We'll be in studio for a few days recording, then there'll be post-production before mixdown, mastering and finally having it sent off to be manufactured on CD and vinyl."


No comments: