Saturday, June 11, 2016

New single from Aaradhna



Aaradhna's new album Brown Girl has been coming for a while - she headed off to New York to record at Truth and Soul studio in Brooklyn with Jeff Dynamite (Aloe Blacc, Lee Fields, Adele) back in July 2014, and the album was originally scheduled for release by Dawn Raid last year.

The first single Welcome to the Jungle dropped recently, check it above. Out now on iTunes, Spotify. The album drops in July. Sne's been touring Aust and NZ performing new songs, catch her tonight (June 11) at Neck of the Woods in Auckland, and June 17 at Bodega in Wellington.

She told Ayebro blog recently about how the sessions came about:

"I had a performance in New York at the W Hotel and P-Money actually suggested that we should go and meet Jeff Dynamite from the Truth & Soul label… he had done amazing work with Aloe Blacc.

"From there my manager Andy invited the Truth & Soul guys to attend my performance. It was an industry event and there was bunch of top producers and singers attending. They watched me perform and they agreed to work with me that very night! It was pretty surreal.

"We started recording in Brooklyn the following month. Dan Parry mixed the Adele 19 & 25 record’s and was a friend of Jeff ‘s who had also produced on Adele 19. So that’s how we hooked up. Tom Coyne, well he mastered my favorite album by D’Angelo – Voodoo as well as Amy Winehouse’s Back 2 Black. Jeff suggested he would be perfect for me, it’s pretty crazy to be honest! I am super excited how the music sounds."

No comments: