Tuesday, October 02, 2012

James Murphy is cooler than you



On Todd Terje's 'Let's Nerd' blog, he asked how you got that distinctive LCD Soundsystem drum sound. And you gave him every single clue, every single secret. Is that something you're cool with now?

'I've always been cool with it. I've never guarded a technique in my life. I want music to sound better. I think I'm good at making it, so I would like other people to know how it's done. If there's some kid that can use that information and a light bulb goes off in their head, that's great.'

But isn’t there a danger that everything could end up sounding the same?


'I don't think we're having that problem – I think the problem we're having is all drums sound like Daft Punk. I love them, but if another producer tries to make their drums sound like Daft Punk drums then put a pop/R&B thing on, I'm gonna fly to whatever city they're in and shoot them in the face.'

Murphy also gives  a shout out to NZers in London, making good quality coffee. Shot, bro. 

No comments: