Thursday, February 10, 2011

Maverick


Oddisee is a very cool US producer who has dropped some great EPs via Bandcamp based aroudn the seasons (Odd Summer, Odd Autumn etc) and he's spreading the word about another talented colleague of his... it's a free collection of short beats that are funky as...

Oddisee: "When it comes to digging for samples I must admit, I'm not the best at. When you have friends like mine you don't have to be. I'd like to introduce you all to Maverick, a producer from Washington, DC by way of Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Maverick & I have been friends for some time now, His knowledge on Hip Hop and records never ceases to amaze me. 
"The last time we hooked up, he played me some new beats he was working on. He's a busy guy who has his hands in tons of things. The one thing he has yet to dabble in was a release. I convinced him to let me share his beats with you all. Consider these tracks "The First Step" in my homie making a name for himself."

No comments: