Tuesday, February 16, 2010


Zodiac Records revisited
Simon Grigg has studiously complied a fascinating look at the catalogue of one of NZ's most important record labels, Eldred Stebbing's Zodiac Records. Read it here

Simon says "... I decided, a couple of years back, to put together a singles discography of what may be NZ’s most important record label, Eldred Stebbing’s legendary and groundbreaking Zodiac, and it’s associated bits and pieces.


With Eldred’s passing last year it seemed timely to finally finish this, or at least take it to a publishable standard, and post it, which I did a few days ago. This does however remain a work in progress and I’ll add more images and data as it and they become available.  The work of Chris Bourke, who’s forthcoming book on NZ music pre-rock, is one that I’m gagging to get my hands on, and Chris and historian John Baker have helped immensely...."

No comments: