Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New King Britt collab.
Grab the demo mix free below. ..

A few years ago, I received a call from my publishing company, Universal, about collaborating with a new 'singer' named Ruth Ann Cunningham.
She was from Dublin and had been a pretty famous writer, doing hits for JoJo, Katherine McFee and Pixie. She also won the ASCAP writer's award. They were about to embark on a collaborative situation and she wanted to work with me. They flew her to Philly and we met at the studio. I
hadnt heard her voice yet, but was up for whatever the universe says.

She was I think 21 and tiny. I had no clue what to expect. I made 3 tracks in a day and she was writing full songs in a matter of an hour or so. She had most of the vocal arrangements done in her head. So the moment came where she was to sing. I was in the control room like, oh
sh*t, this girl is unreal. She really put it down. Her management weren't really into the tunes for her pop album, but we made an amazing musical connection.

Two songs will be on the new SYLK130 album, due out in fall 2010. The song Be Free is here for you to enjoy. This song is a preview of whats to come. (demo stage..as is...)
Get free y'all!

DOWNLOAD: BE FREE (DEMO MIX)- RUTH ANN CUNNINGHAM

No comments: