Saturday, September 05, 2009

Headless Chickens infringe copyright?
Chris Matthews is a former member of the band the Headless Chickens. This is his latest status update on Facebook...

"Dear Warners Music Group: Thanks very much for complaining to the site about me infringing copyright on MY songs on the Headless Chickens MySpace page, you stupid fuckers. I hope you rot in the 7th level of corporate hell, shit-for-brains arsehole muthafuckers."

And then there's the thread of replies to this... some highlights..

Chris Matthews: Fucking unbelievable. I made some of the songs free to download there for about a month about a year ago and now I can't even change the songs that are there or upload any new ones, and I only just found out it was WMG that made the complaint. And I'll have to go to virtual MySpace court to suss it out. Fuckwits.

Shayne P Carter: i had that palaver with myspace. turned out they'd been advised by the record co. that "crystalator" had been written by alec bathgate so i wasn't allowed to upload it. ah - such care and conscientiousness ! maybe i wrote your stuff.

Harry Russell: well what fuck do U expect from Murdoch

Scott Anderson: that is arse. Heh. One gf once said to me "why do you keep all these F.Nun CDs/Vinyl. You don't listen to them, why not sell them?" And I said, well, in ten years none of them will be available and I might want to listen to them again one day. She thought I was being stupid, but...

Chris Matthews ...there has been a whole raft of ex-F. Nun musicians who are pretty unhappy with the way things have gone down with Warners and have been trying to negotiate their way out of contracts that may or may not have been signed at some point in the past. Finding those contracts some 20 or more years later is proving to be the difficult thing. Most of us have told Warners directly or thru lawyers about how unhappy we are with things, although Warners may no longer own the rights to F. Nun but we'll find out about that in due course. I hope.

2 comments:

Will de Cleene said...

One gf once said to me...

Throwing out your own records? That's heresy. That's like telling a chick to chuck out their clothes and shoes.

Peter McLennan said...

Will - good call!