Thursday, May 14, 2009

Can do
Can's Holger Czukay interviewed here.

snip.... “I was teaching French in a private girl’s school. You smiled and said ‘bonjour’ and you got 17 Swiss francs for 45 minutes work: the best money you could get anywhere. But it was all a bit too strange for me. I went to the ‘sister’ school – the boy’s school, where the Mountbattens and the Prince of Prussia were pupils – and they made me teach a lesson.

The principal asked the boys, ‘What do you think about him? Should we employ him?’ and there was this one talented boy in the class - Michael Karoli – and he said [puts on a child’s voice] ‘I want to have him as my teacher!’ [laughs] And I was engaged immediately! Later - when he had left school – Michael came and lived with me and we founded Can.”

No comments: