Thursday, August 09, 2007

And playing tonight in hell...
Imagine you are a journalist in LA. You get an email invite to a gig and you go along, against your better judgement. Welcome to Hanson, live at the Viper Room, last night.

" I'm not quite sure what lured me into going to see Hanson. I saw an e-mail about it, contemplated replying with a not-so-elaborate joke at their expense, and quickly snagged the opportunity without thinking twice.

However, when I called my friend to jokingly present the Hanson show as a concert option for the night she vehemently lurched at it. I began to think twice. Apparently, I was completely unaware of her Hanson phase. I'm pretty sure that if I had known we might not have been friends to begin with.

Regardless, by offering it up I walked straight into a trap. We were going to see Hanson. It was final. I began to frantically rehearse lines in order to justify it to friends and family in the near future, but nothing I came up with really substantiated going to see Hanson..."

"... 10:10pm We plop ourselves smack-dab in the middle of a cluster of underage girls, who clearly have issues with us doing so. I receive multiple blows to the ribcage from the girl standing directly behind me. I turn around and she attempts to play it off as if it were an accident.

10:12pm More blows to the ribcage incite rage. I turn around to explain, in a fatherly-like manner, that elbowing someone isn't conducive to results. If she wants me to move, then she should just ask. We engage in a heated argument, which draws surrounding fans. All of the sudden, I am surrounded by angry Hanson freaks. This is my worst nightmare."

And it just gets better from there. Link to LAist. Props to LAist writer Joshua Pressman for braving the hordes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dunno. I prefer reviews where they review the music, rather than reviews where the journalist deliberately annoys the crowd and then becomes all self-righteous about their reaction. I'm just funny that way, I suppose.

Anonymous said...

I dunno. I prefer comments where they leave their name, rather than leave anonymous opinions where the commenter deliberately annoys the blogger and then becomes all self-righteous about their reaction. I'm just funny that way, I suppose.

HA HA

Anonymous said...

OK, I left that comment, and my name is Maria. I suppose that the fact that you now know my name cut down on your annoyance significantly.