Thursday, August 25, 2005





Block Party
Ecko Block Party pics over here, tip of the hat to Thatgoodgood. See post below on Mayor Bloomberg, half way thru.

ADDED; Jay Smooth comes over all star-struck watching Lady Pink paint a car right in front of him... plus more pics.

"I was worried it might be overly corporate and commercial, but Marc Ecko did a great job of making his presence low-key and keeping the focus on the culture. A gorgeous day, I only wish Bloomberg had been around to feel all the positive energy created. Though I'm sure he wouldn't have gotten it anyway.

I don't often get starstruck but how can you not get geeked watching Lady Pink do a full car right in front of you? The piece she collaborated on was a brilliant "police state" mural in response to Bloomberg's attempt to shut this event down." Link.

1 comment:

TagYerit said...

In case you're interested, I put together a slide show from my set of pictures.
File's a bit large (10.7MB) - Hope you enjoy

QT Graffiti Block Party Slide Show