Friday, November 26, 2004

Teddy bear antics
Kanye West's debut album is easily one of the most exciting records to come out this year. It's certainly the most unconventional-sounding hiphop record to make it big on the charts. Recently West has been getting a little uptight; witness his antics at the American Music Awards, where he didn't win Best New Artist and stormed out in protest...

from My Stunted Growth...
[West said] "I think that as Best New Artist, I feel robbed. I won't be giving any politically correct answer to that. I was the best New Artist this year so get that other bullshit outta here. I walked out when they announced Best New Artist. If I'm not here for political reasons next year, you'll still be hearing my music...something real."
Okay, so Kanye loses to this country artist Gretchen Wilson at the AMA where Usher won 4 awards and Bon Jovi got a special merit award ( I guess for trying to remain relevent after the 1980's) and he's upset?!? He should be happy, but instead he throws a little tantrum like a little bitch."
Read the whole piece here. Its titled "Kanye West is an overrated, egotistical hack and he wears shirts with Teddy Bears". Owww!

In Exciting Rock News, the band formerly known as Thin White Rock Gods have picked up some aging folk singer's engineer to mix their new album... the headline in the Dom Post reads "Shihad uses Bob Dylan's engineer". Just as well the gent in question, one Chris Shaw, has worked with the likes of Public Enemy, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion and Cheap Trick. Bet it was the latter that swung the lads, right? Bah.

'I always thought we'd be as big as Radiohead'
What happens when a group £1.2m in debt tours for the last time? Dave Simpson joins the Beta Band to find out...

No comments: