Friday, October 29, 2004

Not many
Bizgirl went to the Silver Scroll Awards - she's written it up here..

"Noizy had scored us some media tickets, so we bowled along at 6am [think she means 6pm] to get stuck into the infamous open bar that accompanies the event. I had my Voon frock on again, but noizy had decided to wear his ridiculous Scooby Doo and Shaggy brown corduroy jacket, which has a picture of the said cartoon anti-heroes on one pocket, and the Scooby Doo logo in big gold letters on the other. Needless to say I 'lost' him in the crowd as soon as we got in the door.

And what a crowd it was. Unlike the b.net awards, which are a bit more indie/alternative and bring out only a small smattering of stars, the Silver Scrolls gets a much more successful breed of music celebs out and about. Not that any of the readership from outside NZ will recognise any of these names, but within a short time I'd variously managed to spill my champagne on Dave Dobbyn, clocked Jordan Luck in the side with my elbow as I swung around to see if it was indeed Shayne Carter who'd strolled past me going the other way (it was), and knocked Scribe's baseball cap slightly askew as I pushed past him on the way to find another drink. He left it that way all night, much to my amusement..."

No mention of the Shayne Carter/Liam Finn rumoured fistfight, and no sign of the promised post from Noizyboy either. Where's the dirt, people?
UPDATE: Noizy has finally got something up on the Silver Scrolls here "... I caught up with Jody Lloyd (aka Trillion, and of Dark Tower fame), whose been a bit of a champion of the indie scene for a few years now, and who has some good ideas on how NZ On Air money could be better spent than funding knock-off American-sounding commercial rock bands. He'd obviously come to make the statement, as his shirt had the NZ on Air logo printed onto the pocket, but the with 'NZ' removed and 'Sound like USA' replacing it..."

2 comments:

noizy said...

yes, finally! bizgirl somewhat stole my thunder, and it took me a few days to get the motivation up to try and match her piece.

noizy said...

ah, yes, of course I meant 6pm. fixed.