Friday, June 25, 2004



J is for Jurassic
Jurassic 5 play in Auckland early August, makes up for their no-show in October last year - they did more Oz gigs instead. Here's an interview with DJ Nu-Mark from J5...
Y: How do your parents feel about your job? They wouldn't prefer it if you were, say, an x-ray technician? (Readers Note: DJ Nu-Mark did in fact once work as an x-ray technician).
NM: Oh God, no. I don't know, I mean if I was unhappy my mother for sure would be like: yo, you need to get out of this profession. But she sees that I'm happy doing what I'm doing, so she's happy for me.
Y: Did you ever find something really cool inside someone?
NM: A lot of people get sex-toys caught in them for some reason...

Y: And finally, if you had to liken the members to J5 to Sesame Street cast members, who would be who?
NM: (doesn't miss a beat) Chali 2Na would be Big Bird, Soup would be Cookie Monster because he loves cookies, Seven would be Bert, and Cut (Chemist) would be Oscar the Grouch. I guess I'd be Ernie. Who am I missing? Nope, that's everyone.
Read the rest of it here. DJ Nu-Mark is top right in the photo.He's got a beats album out in July, called Blendcrafters, its wicked.

Radar on point
From this morning's NZ Herald, Radars latest column...
"... These pages have been inundated with the superstitious claptrap of those associated with organisations such as the Maxim Institute. These self-proclaimed moral guardians are the people who put the mental into fundamentalism." Go, Radar!
He and Team Classic won the Auckland heat of the 48 Hour filmaking competition, clever chap.

No comments: