Monday, April 05, 2010

MTC responds to Dirty Sesh reports


MTC Records boss Kirk Harding has posted a response to much of the media frenzy on Dirty Sesh and his controversial video, here.  As Kirk says, "that if one publication gets their facts wrong, so do the rest.". He repeats his earlier apology over the video. Lesson learned, moving on. But no...

Late last week NZPA put out a story with quotes from Scribe, reacting to the video, and the NZPA story was picked up by TV3 and NZHerald. The story was called "Video controversy 'taking a toll' on Derty Sesh". (I wonder who wrote that story?)

Kirk is quoted in the article as allegedly having said Sesh was "exhausted from the whole ordeal, [and it was] affecting his music and his writing", but there's one tiny problem - Kirk says "I would be very interested to know where those quotes came from, because they are not mine" (see comments on TV3 story, where Kirk also says Dirty Sesh has just delivered 28 new songs for his next album, which contradicts the entire story). Making up quotes... really?

Scribe responded via Twitter, saying he was misquoted. "I will say it was correct the Im not a fan thing coz that's my personal opinion..The whole repurcussions thing was not what they said. The Q was "Would I be scared if Dirty Sesh came to my house?" Being a father with small children at my house I would knock anyone out... It wasn't a personal attack I meant in general... Anyone with bad intentions."

No comments: