|Jonathan Toubin and his record collection. Via Dust And Grooves|
He's escaped the NYC winter and is jetting round NZ and Oz, kicking off tonight at Golden Dawn. Come show the dude some love. Stinky Jim warms up from 7pm, Jonathan on at 10pm.
From Dust and Grooves: "Jonathan’s record room is a disgusting pit with unlabeled boxes of 45s stacked on top of each other and 12″s filed on a shelf with zero unifying organization idea along with random pieces of clothing.
"Jonathan goes into the room when he needs to DJ and listens to songs, puts together the records he’s taking with him to gigs and leaves. He’s not dwelling in his record cave fetishizing his collection. His records exist to be played. Jonathan isn’t collecting records, he’s collecting music and it just happens that the music sounds best on 45."
Hat tip to Murray Cammick for the video below...
via facebook.... "holy dooly! the new york night train is making its way down under for the first time ever!
- 01/17 Wellington, New Zealand – Meow
- 01/18 Brisbane, Australia – Black Bear
- 1/19 Hobart, Tasmania, Australia – The Brisbane Hotel
- 01/20 Melbourne, Australia – Copa Cabana
- 01/22 Perth, Australia – The Bird
- 01/23 Sydney, Australia – Spiegeltent
- 01/24 Sydney, Australia – Star Sky Terrace
- 01/25 Sydney, Australia – Late Night at Paradiso Town Hall
- 01/26 Melbourne, Australia – Yah Yah's