Monday, July 29, 2013

Digging 45s



I went digging at Real Groovy at the weekend, they've recently got in a shipment of 30,000 45s in from Amoeba Records (mostly country 45s).

Saw another DJ mate there digging, and as he'd been thru them once already, he kindly pulled a bunch of tunes out to pass on to me (ones he'd already scored). That Vogues one above he hipped me to is fantastic! Shot, Kris -thank you.

Other scores: Brenton Wood - Some Got It, Some Don't / Markeys - Last night / The Kingsmen - Louie louie / Elvis Presley - Hound dog / The Magnificents - Up On The Mountain  b/w The Eldorados - At My Front Door (Crazy Little Mama) / Bill Doggett - Honky tonk... and this song, Who Says Honky's Aint Got Soul. Which is both hilariously naff and hilariously good.





Plus a couple of sweet 80s jams, from Skyy and Taka Boom...






and this great reggae gem from Mr Johnny Nash... Did I mention these 45s all cost $3 each?


No comments: