Thursday, May 10, 2012

Bob Marley doco hits NZ screens in July

Marley, the new documentary on Bob Marley currently doing the rounds of film festivals overseas, and will hit NZ shores in July, as part of the NZ Intl Film Festivals, which start in Auckland on July 19. It will also be the first time that the half a billion Facebook users worldwide can download and pay for a film at the same time it is in cinemas.

From the trailer you can see bits of footage connected with NZ, like a snippet of Dylan Taite's interview with Marley, and a shot of Marley walking out onstage at Western Springs in 1979.



From TV3 News... "the Jamaican singer died of cancer in 1981.

He kept his illness to himself until it was too late, and of the ninety people interviewed for the film, [director Kevin] MacDonald still couldn't find out why.

“I'd like to know did he know he was ill before the end of his life? I think he did, I just think he didn't tell anyone, but certainly no one around him knew that he was ill.”

“My life is only important if I can help plenty people. My life isn’t for my own security, my life is for people,” Marley says in the film.

No comments: