Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Toro y Moi - Laneway


An Interview With: Toro Y Moi's Chaz Bundick | CHARTattack.com from CHART attack on Vimeo.

I knew nothing about Toro y Moi before Laneway - I watched two videos on youtube the day before Laneway as part of my familiarisation course, and that was it.

Watching this interview with the band's main man Chaz Bundick, I discovered his latest album was influenced by Italian film composer Piero Umiliani (writer of Mahna Mahna) and his score for the film Il Corpo, which made him shoot up in my estimation.

They were definitely one of my highlights from Laneway, and they had the whole crowd on their feet dancing, and waving their shoes in the air like they just didn't care. Seriously. Photographic evidence below.


This clip from the 2011 Pitchfork Festival gives you an idea of the band live...

No comments: