Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Myele Manzanza

Me I Know Him ft. Sam Manzanza and Amenta by Myele Manzanza

Myele Manzanza holds down the drumseat for Electric Wire Hustle. Last year he was selected to attend the prestigious Red Bull Music Academy in London, and then spent several months in New York and Berlin. The outcome of his travels is his debut album, One.

"The first single 'Me I Know Him' featuring [Myele's father] Sam Manzanza and fellow Red Bull Music Academy participant Amenta started life with recording Sam's vocals in Myele's kitchen in Wellington on his inboard laptop microphone, while Amenta's vocals were tracked at the high end recording facility of London's Red Bull Studios.

“This rhythmical track touches on where I have come from, my African heritage, my history as a drummer and my love for jazz and dance music. Plus it's dope to be able to finally put my dad on something too!” says Myele.

'Me I Know Him' is the first single to be released from Myele Manzanza's full length album 'One'. The album will also feature guest artists Ladi6, Mark de Clive-Lowe, Charlie K, Bella Kalolo, Rachel Fraser, Mara TK and TaayNinh of Electric Wire Hustle and many other incredibly talented musicians."

No comments: