Friday, September 04, 2009

P-Money/Patea Maori Club -Poi E remix live
Genuine kiwi classic, reversioned by P-Money. This was a groundbreaking tune when it came out in New Zealand back in 1984, and it was a hit single too (22 weeks in the charts, 4 weeks at #1). It's living history. There's a bunch more I could say about this, but really all I want to say his this. Watch this video - it's the shit.



From P-Moneys blog...

"The video above is a live remix of the New Zealand classic "Poi E" performed by the Patea Maori Club with help from myself and the legendary Hamilton Hip-Hop crew 4 Corners. I just found this very rare footage of what was a one time only performance at the 2006(7?) APRA Silver Scroll Awards. A very special performance it was.

[Edit] My man @KaseBeats came through with an mp3 of the Clean audio straight from the desk. Grab it while its hot http://tiny.cc/FHjv4

[original video over here]

No comments: