Thursday, May 21, 2009

Softbomb
I posted this on Twitter/Facebook, this afternoon, after Amplifier posted it on twitter...

"WHAT THE???? Amplifier.co.nz just had to delete titles by JPSE, Mint Chicks, The Bats, HDU, Garageland, Kilgour, Knox, SJF, as Warners not repressing. Lets hide our musical heritage under a rock so no-one can hear it! IDIOTS! Havent they heard of the long tail? Jeeeeeeeezzz....."

Now, there's obviously a lot more to this story than just this wee snipppet. It was pointed out to me that Warners may have discovered they dont have the rights to the titles involved, and that only a quarter of FNun bands ever had contracts. Andrew Dubber is following this one too...

2 comments:

picture sleeve said...

The blogger doth protest too much,methinks ... "maybe if I gave a crap about indie guitar rock .... but I don't. Guitars are so last century"

Peter McLennan said...

well, ah. NO. The corner of Fnun that excites me is the Skeptics, for example. I grew up listening to the Clean and the Chills, and that music deserves to be heard. And now its owned by a multinational who has no interest in it. I like guitars. Reggae guitars.