Wednesday, December 31, 2008

RIP Eartha Kitt, Freddie Hubbard
Farewell Eartha, Freddie.

"Always blunt about her beliefs, Kitt made her feelings about Vietnam known as she attended a White House lunch hosted by Lyndon Johnson's wife in 1968, when her fame was near its peak.

"You send the best of this country off to be shot and maimed," she told the group of about 50 women. "They rebel in the street. They don't want to go to school because they're going to be snatched off from their mothers to be shot in Vietnam." For the next four years, Kitt performed almost exclusively overseas." Link

Watch Eartha's finests moments on youtube. My fave tune of hers -"I want to be evil". Check the lyrics. "I wanna be evil, I wanna be mad, But more that that I wanna be bad... I wanna be nasty, I wanna be cruel, I wanna be daring, I wanna shoot pool..."

No comments: