Saturday, October 25, 2008

Random reading for the long weekend
Why is the Boulder Chamber Orchestra filled with scientists? (Boulder Weekly)
Re-emerging soul - taking stock of the new Stax (Memphis Flyer)
Waaaazzzuuuppp!!! tv ad reinvented 8 years on... link
"The disadvantage of being an "actual college student" while covering CMJ is that you have to, you know, go to college."Read more here.
For the year ended March 31, 2008, EMI lost £757 million (US $1.204 billion at today's rate) for private equity firm Terra Firma ... Most telling was EMI Music's loss of global market share - to 9% from 12% a year earlier. More at Coolfer.

and finally, a quote - "I was gonna pull my dick out but because I know for a fact mine is a lot larger than Jim Morrison's, but I thought, 'I'll let history stand.'" Nick Cave reflects on his recent performance at the Hollywood Bowl [Spinner]

No comments: