Monday, September 01, 2008

Muxtape's Legal Defense To RIAA: Seriously, You Guys Should Just Leave Us Alone
Link.From Silicon Alley Insider (that's their heading above), and Coolfer.

"... some questions were posed to Muxtape founder Justin Ouellette about Muxtape (his music sharing site that has attracted the attention of the RIAA):

• How is that legal? A non-answer.

• How to make money with Muxtape? Another non-answer.

• What happens when labels start calling? "I would like to work with all labels of all sizes and with individual artists.... Everything I've been thinking about for the future has been related to, What can we do to create an equitable landscape for everybody?"

Earlier, when asked about a scenario in which a label complained about copyright infringement, Ouellette said, "I have to honor that. I think that some people will make a decision that they don't want to interact in that space, and I think they're foolish not to. But I have to respect it. I really do."

No comments: