Wednesday, July 02, 2008

More Glasto...
Why Didn't Anyone Tell Me About Ethiopiques At Glastonbury? [Shows I've Missed This Year, Chapter XXXVII] - "We covered a bit of the Glastonbury lineup announcement, had our bit about Jay-Z as headliner, even that stupid "upside-down house" tent, but at no point did I hear that an all-star band comprised of those featured on the 23 volumes of the Ethiopiques series would be performing.
Not that I would have been able to fly out to England or spend three days in mud/fecal matter-soaked fields, but I would have at least wanted to know, so I could wistfully stare eastward on Saturday dreaming of Mulatu Astatke and his band. I'll get over the pain somehow, but it's some consolation that the act's set is available to watch on BBC's site for a week or so, along with full sets from the Verve, Candi Staton and Massive Attack. [BBC]"

(Only seems to play in IE not Firefox, and ignore the "content not available" sign that comes up when you click play - it seems to start ok after that.)
ADDED - started watching it - Mulatu's vibes are largely inaudible, thanks to a lousy sound mix. Crap. Band is the Either Orchestra.

No comments: