Monday, June 25, 2007

Ring The Alarm playlist, BaseFM, June 23
Special show - a tribute to Big Matt - lotsa tunes that he put me onto, tunes that I heard him DJ, and some live Bassteppa Sound System from 2002 (Wyndham Bowling Club) with the man at the decks... half way thru this show I realised that I owe a lot of my DJing style to Matt - the tunes I buy, the way I play out... I learnt a lot from watching and listening to him DJ.

Noiseshaper - Moving together
Lightning head - 2nd line stomp
Nightmares on wax - 70s 80s (Scientist remix)
Prince Fatty - Nina's dance
Lopez Walker - Jah jah new garden
Taxi gang - Mambo mambo
Sandoz -King dread
Krafty kuts - Trickatechnology
Hairy Diamond - Giving up
Funkmaster Flex - Six million ways to die
Bassteppa sound system live, 2002 (WBC) feat DJ Big Matt (snip)
Mr Reliable - Lucky dub
Courtney Melody - Bad boy
PD Syndicate - Ruff like me
Le peuple de l'herbe - Reggaematic
Mystro - My kind of party
Morwell unlimited meets King Tubby - Morpheus special (Kid Loco remix)
Love grocer - Salute to Sam
Joni Rewind feat Estelle -Uptown top ranking
Ballistic Bros - Prophecy reveal
Born Jamericans - Warning sign
DJ C and Quality Diamond - Let it billie (Hiphop mix)
Aim - Just passin thru
Nightmares on wax - Flip ya lid
Roberto Carlos - O Calhambeque (XRS remix)
Barrington Levy - Collie weed


Ring The Alarm playlist, BaseFM, June 16

Jungle Bros and Ernest Ranglin -Funky bond st (Flex edit)
Shinehead - Raggamuffin inst
Sista Widey - Want it
Pointer sisters -Yes we can, can
Manzel - midnight theme (Kenny Dope remix)
MAW - Nautilius
Cannonball Adderley - Walk thru
Brian Eno - Back water
Stephen Marley - Traffic jam
Lion rock - Rude boy rock
Jackie Mittoo - Too late to turn back now
Horace Andy -Fever
Boozoo Bajou feat Joe Dukie and U Brown -Take it slow
Strawpeople - Hemisphere
Scientist - Rasta dub it everywhere
Neon heights - Cannonball
George McRae - I get lifted (Mischief brew re-edit)
Donna Summer - I feel love
The Revolutionaries - Skanking
Alton Ellis - It's a shame
James Brown - People get up and drive your funky soul
Esther Phillips - Going out of my head
Aaron Neville - Hercules
Tony Allen - Nla - Wareika hill sounds remix
Taggy Matcher - Rockit

1 comment:

lazy said...

Lookin' For That Mix..
If you want to submit a mix that you have done be it.. ChillNewAgeReggaeDub. type of ting,then send your mix with cover (if you have one) track listing & link and Ill put it up.Lazy
http://thatcrookedbeat.blogspot.com/