Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Sound of silence
Via Coolfer.. "The Rambler Blog has a long (long, long) list of music-related deaths in 2005. Well known names are on the list (Lou Rawls, Link Wray, Robert Moog) but more relatively known ones such composer Robert Wright, Chet Helms (Janis Joplin' promoter), and Afgani pop star Nasrat Parsa."

On the same theme, Smacked Face hinted about her top 5 list "Lest we forget, music heroes who went to the big gig in the sky 05" in the latest Remix mag (very pricey) which looked like this...
1 Robert Moog, 2 Lyn Collins, 3 Luther vandross, 4 Ibrahim Ferrer, 5 Willie Hutch plus honourable mention for service above and beyond etc: Hunter S Thompson.

ADDED: Mikey Dread and Channel One Sound System at Big Day Out - Fakes!!!
Just got this email from the real Mikey Dread. Seems the Mikey Dread on the BDO tour is an imposter...


Greetings,

This is Mikey Dread/ Dread At The Controls www.mikeydread.com


I would like you and others over there to be notified that someone is out there using Mikey Dread- from /Channel One Sound UK claiming that he ,is me, Mikey Dread , Michael Campbell, Dread At The Controls the artist, producer, and radio pioneer and deliberately tricking innocent people, fans and promoters with my stolen identity as a international reggae artist.Please be advised Mikey Dread from Channel One sound is NOT me, the original, Dread At The Controls.Preview www.mikeydread.com


I have had emails from the UK, Australia and NZ from my fans who were mislead by the advertising of this FAKE MIKEY DREAD FROM LONDON, going around and using my name as if he was me, and cashing in on this identity theft.

I respect you guys and would appreciate that you make public the distinction that Michael Campbell, Mikey Dread- Dread At The Controls is not the same as Mikey Dread from Channel One Sound from the UK.This needs to be addressed today.A lot of times promoters knowingly or un-knowingly refer to my bio for him and make false claims using my accomplishments in reggae and this has become overbearing. Some people actually go to the event then email me that
they were tricked.

Firstly I live in the USA this guy is a rip off using my name illegally to get out there and continues to con people.

I have warned them already and they continue now its gone too far and must stop.

I am making sure you and your associates have been notified by me as it is illegal for anyone to steal another persons identity and is punishable by law.

I will handle that part myself as this has to stop this year and clear the air on all doubts and he will have to pay damages for his illicit behavior and intent to defraud me of all clients who booked him thinking that thy were really booking the original Mikey Dread.

Thanks

Mikey Dread

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey bro

Totally un-related to the post but just wanted to say wassup. Was looking for you the other night when that band were covering the Picassos track to say "damn cool" and then I saw ya skanking away with them! Was awesome to hear that song once more bro!.

Cheers
Chip